Today is my birthday, so in honor of having lived another year, I am skipping the Beepers & Big Bangs GenerationX interview to bring you a list about 49 random things.
This is a random list. It could be about things I learned, it could be about things I observed, it could be about my regrets, it could be about silliness, or it could be about my hopes, wants, and dreams.
Whatever it is, I hope you enjoy my list of 49 Things.
- Pay attention to detail, it will get you ahead of the crowd. One of the first things the United States Navy taught me in boot camp.
- Be neat and organized, your productivity will thank you.
- When in doubt, keep your mouth shut. From the School of Hard Knocks.
- Always, always, always be the nice girl. No matter what, be the nice girl. A lesson I’m still learning.
- Make your bed every day. A sense of accomplishment first thing in the morning is a great way to set the tone for your day.
- Unanswered prayers can be a good thing. I still thank God for unanswered prayers to this day. Whew!
- Exercise. Make the time. No excuses. Your 49-year-old self will thank you.
- Practice self-discipline. If you don’t discipline yourself, someone else will.
- Get a pet. They will love you unconditionally and it’s a great feeling.
- Drink coffee.
- Pick your friends wisely. Everyone says this and sometimes you really have to take your time with this one. Just be careful.
- Never reveal too much. Keep an ambiance of mystery about yourself.
- Not everyone drinks alcohol.
- Smoking is not cool and is a nasty horrible habit.
- It is none of my business what you think of me. Focus on keeping my side of the street clean.
- Complaining accomplishes nothing.
- Life is never like a Disney movie.
- Encourage others. Always have something positive and cheerful to say to someone.
- Never make a major decision after a painful upheaval in life. Take a few months (3 to 6 months or longer if you can) to figure things out.
- Read. Read. Read. Books. Read Books.
- Only time can heal. Truly.
- Read the instructions.
- Trust in something other than yourself; believe in yourself but also believe in something bigger.
- Everything changes, learn to adapt.
- When you get a chance, listen to the music of the older generation. You’ll probably learn you are not that much different after all.
- There will be times you will want to use harsh language with your friends. Make yourself hold off a few days, let it blow over, and let it go. They’ll either learn on their own or succeed. Either way, be there for them.
- Laugh. A lot. Find the humor.
- Volunteer in a soup kitchen. Take your kids with you.
- Watch the movie One True Thing. Read the book first.
- Travel. Short trips, long trips, road trips, day trips, just go. Get out there!
- Manolo Blahniks.
- Drink more water.
- Wash your face every night before you go to bed.
- Along those same lines, get a great skincare system in place.
- Blogging. One of my favorite things.
- Parenting is hard, heartbreaking, joyful, terrifying, rewarding, and fulfilling.
- Register to vote and then vote.
- Be open to suggestions. Be willing to try.
- It’s okay to plan but don’t expect certain results.
- Today is all you have, enjoy it.
- Smile. It says a lot.
- Lipstick, mascara, and concealer.
- If you can’t or don’t want to go to college then join the military or learn a trade.
- Get a hobby.
- Never stop admiring, appreciating, adoring your spouse.
- Be helpful.
- A good bra- Wacoal Retro Chic. And sports bra – Moving Comfort.
- A great playlist. Make your own soundtrack for your life.
- Save for retirement. Invest, or participate in your 401K. But do something for your retirement future.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO ME!
And for the record, I don’t feel 49-years old however that is supposed to feel. I know a long time ago when I was a kid I thought I knew how it would feel, OLD. Boy, was I ever wrong. I still feel like I am 18-years old. Is that normal? I think it is.
Thanks for reading and show me Your Moxie!
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)