The other day, during some downtime at work, an associate and I started reminiscing about “old” television sitcoms. It then became sort of a friendly competition to start naming all of them we used to watch. We came up with a bunch of them.
Here are a few, do you remember these? In no particular order.
- Facts of Life – All those teen girls coming of age. I always wanted to be Jo.
- Too Close for Comfort – oh my gosh, remember Monroe?
- The Love Boat & Fantasy Island – back to back, every Saturday (or was it Friday). Yeah I had no life.
- ALF – Didn’t watch a whole of this one but I do remember it.
- Growing Pains – Perfect family, perfect parents, this is what I thought it was supposed to be like.
- Family Ties – another perfect family. I LOVED THIS SHOW THOUGH. Skippy!
- M*A*S*H – There will never ever be another like it.
- WKRP in Cincinnati – I wish they’d do a remake. Although, radio is pretty much dead, right?
- Designing Women – no one can put someone in their place like Miss Julia Sugarbaker.
- Married with Children – Oy, the days before Roseanne? And when networks tried to portray real families?
- Murphy Brown – I wanted to be Murphy Brown. There, I said it.
- Eight is Enough – Wow, talk about a throw-back. I remember this show but barely.
- Cheers – I don’t need to say anything else.
- The Wonder Years – Quaint and cute.
- Night Court – Harry!
- Taxi – oh lort! Best damned comedy sitcom ever! Well, one of the top five anyway.
Oh my goodness, the list could go on and and on…
What about you? What are some of your favorite sitcoms or television dramas did you watch back in the day?
Share now all you Gen-Xers.
Thanks for reading and show me your moxie!
(Visited 20 times, 6 visits today)