I’ll more than likely get some flack on some items on my list. I made this list up back in late August and I’m just now getting around to publishing it. It is something I’ve thought long and hard about and decided I needed to put it out there.
I probably should not have labeled this as 10 Commandments of Style. Instead, perhaps I should have said something like, My Wishes for Future Style or something like that.
So without further delay, here are some style and fashion blunders that I also find to be irritating.
- No flip flops of any kind to be worn with dresses. One exception, if you are going from your car into the office what comes with a long walk (and back). And please, especially no Yellow Boxes. And I can’t stand to see the little flat flip flop sandals worn with really nice dressy dresses.
- No more clown pants. They are probably not technically called clown pants but I don’t know what other term to use. They look like clown pants. I’m not talking about palazzo pants. Those are good and decent when worn properly. No, I am talking about those big and loud patterned polyester pants that cling to your thighs but flare-out at the bottom. Please stop.
- I saw this the other day and knew I had to add it to the list: the skin tight dresses that shows every single thing about your body. And they are very short. They are appropriate for party clubs but not going to the grocery store at 2:30 in the afternoon. I call them Naked Dresses because they leave nothing to the imagination.
- Oy, the trapeze shirts. Women wear these a lot with the clown pants. These, too, are wider at the bottom (like the clown pants) and it is not flattering. These blouses look decent on the models in the magazines but that’s about it. I can’t stand trapeze shirts/blouses.
- This trend of wearing cowboy boots with shorts or dresses. I am over it. It is old and predictable and not cutesy anymore. It is irritating.
- Denim skinny capris. I don’t think I need to explain this one. It is tiring and lazy and not fashionable, at all. As with anything else, there is a time and place for certain looks. I would put this one at the ballpark while watching little Johnny play tee-ball. I have no problem with culottes, denim or not, culottes are awesome.
- Please hide your bra straps. Wear the right bra with the right top/dress/tank. If the back of your dress curves in on both sides, please do not wear a regular bra with it. If you wear a sundress dress with spaghetti straps, please do not wear a regular bra with it. Intimate apparel has appropriate bras for every occasion.
- One of my pet peeves is seeing a shirt tucked in and not wearing a belt. If your pants, shorts, skirt possesses belt loops; it means you should wear a belt. If your bottoms do not have belt loops, then I’m fine with the shirt tucked in. I just can’t stand seeing empty belt loops with a shirt tucked in.
- Stop being a bag lady. I have to admit, I am guilty of this from time to time but I do make a concentrated effort NOT to be a bag lady. I can sympathize with this one, honestly I can. I have gone through so many different handbags trying NOT to be a bag lady. I have finally taken to one gigantic large open tote. I can throw all sorts of things in there, even my laptop when I need to.
- If you feel the need to be out in public in your pajamas, then perhaps you are running a fever and need to visit the clinic or hospital instead.
Okay, that’s it then. This post was sort of meant in jest but also meant to get some things off my chest.
My list is probably a little more specific than most 10 Commands of Style out there on the Net but these are simply my observances as of late.
What about you? What are some of the fashion “trends” you see that are driving you nuts? That is one commandment right now; DO NOT CAVE TO TRENDS.
Thanks for reading and show me Your Moxie!
(Visited 12 times, 3 visits today)